Having pets at home is a wonderful experience for every pet owner. But the death of your furry friend can give jitters to any pet lover. Every pet lover wants to see his pet healthy and happy around the year. Unfortunately, your dog or cat cannot talk and cannot express their health issues in front of you. So, you need to take care of their health. Here are some effective ways discussed by our Toronto’s veterinaries to keep your pet healthy and happy for years to come.
- Don’t touch your pet often: Pet lover has habit to touch their cat or dog again and again. Touch your pet again and again as it gives a mental simulation to your pet which is exhausting for them. Touching your pet again and again can make him or her sick.
- Protect your dog or cat from parasites: Parasite is a very common problem in pets. Different parasites such as heartworms, fleas and ticks can cause of various diseases in your dog, cat or rabbit. Bath your pet on a regular basis and also comb its coat. If you find parasite on his or her cot, visit your veterinary as soon as possible.
- Give your pet a healthy diet: Balanced and healthy diet is the foundation of good health. It is crucial to provide a healthy and appropriate diet for your pet according to his stage of life. Senior and younger pets, both have different food requirements. If you don’t know which food is good for your pet, consult your veterinary.
- Regular exercise: There is no doubt that a healthy diet is important for your pet. But along with a healthy and balanced diet, exercise on a regular basis is also crucial. It helps to keep your pet from becoming obese. Take your pet out for a daily walk, play with your dog or cat in the park daily. You can also consult with your vet about exercising tips for your pet.
- Keep their teeth clean: Just like human, dogs also develop tartar and plaque buildup. The major problem is these issues lead to various serious diseases such as liver, kidney and heart diseases. Experts suggest regular brushing to keep your pet healthy.
- Take your pet to the veterinary regular: Do you know your pet require regular veterinary care. A regular vet checkup essential to improve the life of your furry friend. Your vet is a person who is able to examine your pet to see what is wrong with him or her. It is advisable to take your pet to your vet at least twice a year.
These are the some effective tips to improve the life span of your lovely friend. Our expert vet in Roundstone Mobile Vet Services in Toronto provides you comprehensive pet health services. To book an appointment, call us today.