Ear infection is common health issues among dogs. A dog living a healthy life can even suffer from the frequent or occasional ear infection. Moreover, a pet owner who provides necessary activities like splashing in ponds and scrub down can lead to the ear infections.
The ear infection has quite hidden underlying causes. It is necessary for the pet-owners to know everything about dog ear infection so that they can prevent their dog. Virtually, there are three times of dog ear infections, otitis externa, otitis media and otitis interna. Most dog infects with otitis externa that happens to the outer side of the ear.
- Ear shape
- Allergies (skin inflammation)
- Non-erect, folded or floppy ears
- Discharge of rust-coloured or waxy liquid
- Pungent odour
- Redness or inflammation
- Scabs or crustiness
- Scratching and pawning ears
- Trouble in chewing
- Shaking head and holding the ear in different angles
- Water discharge from eyes
- If your dog scratch the infected part unnecessarily, it could get bleeding.
- Excess head shaking can cause hematomas in dogs predisposed to a respective health issue.
- It can lead to the long-term ear problems.
- A dog may suffer from facial paralysis or trouble blinking.
Pet Behaviour Change
Effects On Dog
Antibiotics and antifungals are commonly used to treat the ear infection in dogs. But, one is always recommended to consult with a veterinarian before using any medicines. Because, the otitis media is one of the dangerous ear infections that takes place near to the brain and nerves. Your can’t neglect the health of your pet.
So, you can visit the Mobile Vet in Brampton for the most appropriate solution of almost all dog health issue.